Wednesday 27 June 2007

GOD - I wonder what God thinks of us



I wonder
What Gods thinks of us
Who think
We are so far above
Our fellow animals
We eat
-
Anxious for
The
Taste
Or
Texture
Of
Their tender meat
-
Or
Animals we kill
For
Hate
-
Depending on their length
Or
Shape
-
I wonder
What God thinks of us
-
God
So merciful and great
To see their blood
Upon our plate
-
Are
We
So
Totally
Naive
To think that God
Would ever need
To make
A
Heaven
Just to please

Blood thirsty
Apes
That want to feed
-
Expert little choppers up
Of
Animals
Of
Every size

Even those
Of
Gentle heart
-
Even those
With soft brown eyes
-
In Heaven
They don’t have meat pies
You know
-
For there they are not well received
-
Nor kidneys grilled
Nor
Lamb chops fried
-
Because in Heaven
All
Survive
-
Its true
There
Animals may too reside
-
If they do
God may not like
For us
To cut their throats
At night
-
To eat
Their flesh
-
To gnaw
Their bones
-
For blood
It goes not well with white
-
I wonder
What God thinks of us
-
If I were God
I think
I’d rather trust
The
Animals

_

Egal Bohen

(Click the Title)

1 comment: