Monday 18 June 2007

Ginger - or - In a medium outside our Time

I have seen
In quiet corners
-
Of long forgotten
Empty rooms
-
Faded memories
Of childhood
Warmth and laughter
In a winters afternoon
-
I have seen on evening walks
In summers honeysuckled lanes
Those who walked before
Beside us
-
Gone
Yet leaving
Images
Remembered
-
Loved ones
Names
-
I have seen pass
Right beside me
Through
The iron painted gates
That guard the park
The trees and branches
Where I once played
-
My old school mates
-
Within my mind
Their distant voices
Through mists
Of time
Call out again
-
Who was it
Shouted: 'See you later'?
Was it “Ginger”
In the rain
-
Running swiftly
Home
-
Late
-
To explain
-
His voice
Still lingers
Ever timeless
Echoing
Around my brain
-
Strange not
The leaves
Fall
From the branches
Of the trees
Within the park
-
Strange not
My hair
From Time
It's marches
Is now rendered
White
As snow
-
Stranger though
Those memories
Within us
Grow not old
As old
We grow
-
For they are data
Now recorded
-
In a medium
Outside
Our Time
-
By age
Completely
Disregarded
-
Trapped
Preserved
To wait
Untarnished
-
To be played
When they are needed
-
Memories
-
Of yours and mine
-
Egal Bohen

No comments: