Wednesday 20 June 2007

Wild Places

In
Wild places

Dwells my mind
-
To places distant
-
There to find
A peace
Not of mankind
-

Thoughts wander
Back and forth between
Though in a dream
-
Sweet solace to aspire to
-
From desk
To silent shade of far deep wood
or
Mountainside
-
To heathered hill
Where I have climbed
-
To gaze upon such places
Well denied
The clatter of our modern lives
-

To drink a draft
Of nature
-Stay alive
-
In peace with time
-
To think
On things that otherwise

I trample o’er
In my desire
Down there below
-

For such silence
Is much sweeter to my mind
-
When quiet contemplation
I would find
-

And so my soul does force along
My body tired
Exhausted on
To tramp the tracks
That climb and wind

Into the hills
That this old mind
Can lonely be
-
For just a while
-So it survive
This world of time
-
That it retains
Some sanity
-
To help
It

Understand
-
Reality
_


Egal Bohen


No comments: