Wednesday 13 June 2007

The Questioning Part

What is this questioning part of me
Where sits it in my head
It's been with me since I was born
Where goes it when I'm dead?

It questions everything I see
And all things wants to know
It questions why I'm even here
And where my mind will go

I questions why there's life at all
And keeps on asking why
All those shiny bright things
Light up the night time sky

It questions what's the Universe
Does it go on for ever
And what designed the Big Bang!
It must be very clever!

It questions what is at the point
Where all things come to end
It doesn't seem to understand
That I can't comprehend

It questions what the Earth is
And whether it's alive
It questions what it's lifespan is
How long it will survive

It questions how Man came to be
Far cleverer by far
Than all the other monkeys
Who stayed just like they are

It questions Man's religions
And asks why it can't be
We all believe in one God
Instead of ninety three

It questions why Man goes to war
Destroying one another
Then it questions why we don't
'Go on, go help your brother'

It questions how the time does fly
And why I've gone all wrinkled
When on the inside I'm the same
A juvenile delinquel!

It questions why a second ago
I was here then I'm gone
It questions where I will be
How Time keeps moving on

It questions what the Science is
Supporting this mirage
It questions what its purpose is
Is there Life on Mars?

It questions why I go to sleep
Each night when I need not
It questions me about my dreams
Of which I had forgot

Now after years of questions
About Life and our home
It's natural I should now have
Some questions of my own

If Man has been upon this Earth
At least Four Million years
I think it's time that we should have
Some answers for our ears

For although it would appear not
I think you would agree
If questions lead to answers
It's time someone gave us three

1. Exactly what are we doing here?

2. Just who is pulling the strings?

3. How about an upgrade?
-
To comprehend these things

_

Egal Bohen

No comments: